migrate /ˈmaɪˌgreɪt/ verb
1 : to move from one country or place to live or work in another
- He migrates from New York to Florida each winter.
- Thousands of workers migrate to this area each summer.
2 of a bird or animal : to move from one area to another at different times of the year
- The whales migrate between their feeding ground in the north and their breeding ground in the Caribbean.
- They followed the migrating herds of buffalo across the plains.
- migrating birds
— migration /maɪˈgreɪʃən/ noun
- an expert on bird migration
- mass migrations of workers
- fall migrations to breeding grounds
— migrational /maɪˈgreɪʃənl̟/ adjective