roughly /ˈrʌfli/ adverb
1 : not exactly but close in number, quality, meaning, etc.
- Roughly translated, it means “hurry up!”
- The new product is modeled roughly on an earlier design.
- Roughly 20 percent of our land is farmland.
2 a : in a way that is not gentle or careful
- He threw the package roughly in the truck.
- The guard told us roughly that we had to stand back.
- He pushed her roughly.
2 b : in a very simple or basic way
- a roughly built shelter
- roughly sketched drawings
2 c : in a way that produces a rough surface
- roughly cut timber