refreshment /rɪˈfrɛʃmənt/ noun
1.refreshments [plural] : drinks and small amounts of food
- Light refreshments will be served/provided at the meeting.
- They provided plenty of liquid refreshments.
2. refreshment [noncount] : food and drink
- The workers were in need of refreshment.
- (humorous) Would you like some liquid refreshment? [=an alcoholic drink]
3. refreshment [noncount] : the process of becoming rested and regaining strength or energy
- We went camping for relaxation and refreshment.