floor /flɔr/ verb
1 : to cover a surface with material to make a floor — usually used as (be) floored
- The lobby is floored with marble.
2 a : to knock someone to the floor or ground
- He floored me with his first punch.
b informal : to surprise, shock, or amaze someone very much
- The news just floored
— often used as (be) floored
- I was floored by the news.
- She was floored by his knowledge of the subject.
3 informal : to press (the accelerator of a vehicle) to the floor — usually used in the phrase floor it
- When the light turned green, he floored it.