weigh down /ˈweɪˈdaʊn/ phrasal verb
1.weigh (someone or something) down or weigh down (someone or something) : to press down on (someone or something) : to make (someone or something) heavier and less able to move easily
- My heavy backpack weighed me down.
- The boat was weighed down by the extra cargo.
2. weigh (someone) down or weigh down (someone) : to cause (someone) to accept or deal with something difficult or unpleasant
- I don’t want to weigh you down with my bad news.
- I’m feeling weighed down[=burdened] by all the work I have to do.